Each year the Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association offers a $1,500 scholarship to a print journalism student.
The winner for 2012 is Jessica Tully, a junior at Penn State University, studying journalism and political science.
PWPA chooses its scholarship winner on the basis of proven journalistic ability, dedication to a newspaper career and general merit. Men and women are eligible.
To apply for the 2013 scholarship you must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Study print journalism in a baccalaureate or graduate-level program at a Pennsylvania college or university.
- Be classified as a junior, senior or graduate student in the fall of 2012.
Applications for the scholarship must include:
- A 500-word essay summarizing your interest in journalism, your career plans and any other information about why you should receive this scholarship.
- Clippings of published work from school newspapers or other publications. Please include the name of the publications in which these clips appeared. Photocopies are acceptable.
- A copy of your current college transcript.
- A list of any siblings, including their ages and educational status.
- An optional statement of financial need.
Applications lacking any of the above information will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. Please send your information to:
PWPA Scholarship Committee
c/o Pittsburgh Tribune Review
503 Martindale Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
The deadline for sending applications is April 22, 2013.
For more information, email JoAnne at email@example.com